Little things you can do
Do you think the Government is taking HIV prevention seriously enough?
Total votes: 442
Share socially on…
Act Aware is about taking action
- Find out the facts and bust the myths about HIV
- Take our quiz to find out if you've put yourself at risk of HIV and have an HIV test if recommended
- Talk to your partner, friends or children about HIV and point them in the direction of this website so they can learn the facts
- If you learn something new about HIV, share it with others who might be less informed
- Always use a condom when having sex with a new partner
- Find out if your local school has a comprehensive sex and relationships education (SRE) programme, and teaches young people about HIV and explain why it's important.
- Check whether your employer has robust policies to ensure people living with HIV are treated fairly at work
- Challenge people who hold misconceptions about HIV by telling them the facts and encouraging respect and understanding
- Organise a fundraising event to raise awareness of HIV in the UK
- Wear a red ribbon, the universal symbol of awareness and support for those living with HIV. You can find out about the history of the red ribbon here